Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jean-François Rauzier


Jean-François Rauzier creates fantasitical, surreal panoramas out of seamlessly interlaced images. Countless hours go into creating these gigantic images (the one above measures in at 32' by 66'), but for Rauzier the creation of these Hyper-photo dreamscapes combine all of his favorite artistic mediums.
"I agree that it may sound crazy, but I've been a photographer, painter and sculptor for 30 years, exploring these different techniques of expression up until 2001. At that time, I began my Hyper-photo work and I haven't needed to do anything else. I'm entirely satisfied. As a photographer, I can use this powerful art medium to capture reality. As a painter, I can control my image exactly and put what I want where I want. And as a sculptor, I savor spending a long time on my work, as a meditation, to have the pleasure to approach, touch and feel the texture, then back away to see the entire work. Hyper-photo is a combination of all of these.”
 Rauzier takes close up photographs of every subject within a composition himself, allowing for much more clarity and detail than one would expect from a photograph so large. His works encourage viewers to get up close and personal with the piece, inviting them to look closer at every detail.

To take a closer look at his work, check out his website, www.rauzier-hyperphoto.com.




Sources:
http://www.digitalphotopro.com/profiles/jean-francois-rauzier-the-image-is-in-the-details.html
http://www.rauzier-hyperphoto.com/bibliotheque-ideale-3/